Drug addiction is a problem that anyone can struggle with at any age, but it often begins in the teenage years. Do you think you or a loved one might be struggling with addiction?
Listed below are some telltale signs and symptoms of an addiction:
- Activities: You're no longer interested in hobbies, sports and activities that you used to love.
- Breaking rules: You've lately been getting into trouble at school or with the law.
- Habits: Your eating, sleeping and grooming habits have changed.
- Isolation: You've been withdrawing lately, and have been keeping secrets from family members and friends you used to trust.
- Loved ones: Someone close to you has told you that you have a problem with drugs that you need to address.
- Lying: You're lying to and stealing from people you know so you can continue using drugs.
- Relationships: Your relationships with people close to you are becoming strained.
- Relaxation: You rely on drugs to relax and have a good time.
- School: You're missing classes and your grades have fallen.
Addiction is a painful disease, but it's one that can be beaten with time, professional treatment and support from family and friends. If you think you might be addicted to substances, talk to someone you trust right away and ask for help. Nobody, not even adults, can beat addiction by themselves, but with the right treatment and care you can recover and go on to lead a happy and healthy life.
Contact the professionals at Fairwinds Treatment Center to ask about our drug addiction treatment options and to get more information about addiction problems in general. Dr. M.K. (Khal) El-Yousef founded the center over 25 years ago with the mission of helping patients achieve long-term recovery through a combination of clinical treatment and therapeutic counseling. Fairwinds is one of the best, most highly respected treatment centers in the nation, so you can rest assured you're in good hands.