Are you looking for a flexible treatment plan that will help you successfully recover from substance abuse without requiring hospital rehabilitation? Fairwinds Treatment Center offers intensive outpatient programs (IOP) that serve your needs and prevent relapse by helping you manage your stress and avoid triggers.
What Is Substance Abuse?
One of the most common mental health conditions is overdependence on specific substances. Although substance abuse varies from one user to another, most people inappropriately use drugs to get intoxicated.
Signs That You Are Abusing Drugs
The most obvious sign of addiction is an increase in the amount and rate of drug intake, leading to increased tolerance. In case of sudden absence, the patient begins to experience withdrawal symptoms.
Why People Become Drug Dependent
The reasons for substance abuse can be:
- Psychological: A person may inappropriately use drugs as a means of coping with stressful life situations.
- Biological: There is an increased risk of becoming addicted to certain drugs for genetically predisposed individuals.
- Social: Being around negative peer behavior can develop drug dependency.
What Is IOP?
Stable substance abuse patients who do not require round the clock supervision are ideal candidates for intensive outpatient programs (IOP). Indeed, IOPs help patients avoid relapse by providing different coping techniques to deal with addiction. These programs do not necessarily involve additional detoxification but consist of structured therapy (individual, group, or family) and additional psycho-education.
Advantages of IOP
This recovery treatment plan is ideal for you because of:
- Affordability: Since hospitalization is not necessary, you will not incur additional admission costs.
- Flexibility: Sessions are only a few hours a week and are scheduled depending on your availability making intensive outpatient programs an attractively convenient treatment option.
- Family involvement: Staying at home gives you access to family. You will therefore gain support throughout your treatment.
Goals of IOP
Fairwinds Treatment Center offers IOP for addiction based on the following principles:
- Easy entry: At Fairwinds, we provide patients smooth admission into our program eliminating unnecessary hurdles and delays.
- Provide personalized treatment: We schedule our treatment plans around the client’s schedule.
- Monitor abstinence: Confirming self-reported abstinence by performing regular laboratory testing such as urine drug tests helps track progress and ensure abstinence maintenance.
- Develop existing motivation: The center strives to enhance personal commitment to recovery by making sure that clients remain mindful of why they joined the program in the first place.
- Provide education: Before admission, a comprehensive biopsychosocial assessment is crucial to help care providers understand your condition’s severity and develop an ideal treatment plan tailored to your unique needs. Additional education on substance abuse and relapse is provided to help you understand and avoid your triggers.
- Prevent early termination: Fairwinds Center offers additional accountability strategies like scheduling phone/email reminders to prevent relapse during treatment.
There is hope if you are battling addiction. Contact Fairwinds Treatment Center today if you are having difficulties managing your drinking or drug addiction.