If you are ready to take the first step in overcoming your eating disorder, you may want to consider Fairwinds Treatment Center’s intensive outpatient program (IOP). Fairwinds Treatment Center has served patients throughout Brandon, Florida, for over 30 years. Our IOP is designed to help patients suffering from eating disorders such as anorexia, bulimia, and compulsive overeating disorder.
Intensive Outpatient Treatment Program for Eating Disorders
In our IOP, you will visit our recovery center three days per week for three to five hours at a time. Your personalized treatment plan may include any of the following:
- Nutrition counseling – We can help you achieve a long-term healthy weight with a custom meal plan for weight loss, restoration, or maintenance.
- Individual psychotherapy – Beyond your eating disorder, our counselors can help you with other aspects of your life such as communication habits and various types of relationships.
- Family therapy – With family therapy, our counselors will work with you and your family to determine how your eating disorder impacts those around you and how your family can become a strong support system along your healing journey.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) – CBT can help you overcome negative thoughts surrounding food, eating, and body image.
- Dialectical behavioral therapy – You can work with our counselors to learn how to safely regulate your emotions, develop mindfulness, learn distress intolerance, and develop interpersonal skills.
- Radically open dialectical therapy – Our counselors can work with you to help you manage difficult emotions. We can also work on decreasing any harmful behaviors you may be experiencing.
- Art therapy – This therapy promotes self-expression and self-understanding. Art is highly regarded as a healthy avenue for patients to express difficult-to-verbalize feelings.
- Fitness and wellness groups – These groups are designed to help you learn to enjoy healthy exercise and avoid the consequences of unhealthy exercise.