You don’t have to battle your eating disorder on your own. Fairwinds Treatment Center has over 30 years of experience treating patients for bulimia, anorexia, and compulsive overeating disorder. We can help you overcome your eating disorder and live a healthier and happier lifestyle. Patients throughout Wesley Chapel, Florida, and surrounding areas can receive top-notch care in our intensive outpatient program (IOP) for eating disorders.
IOP for Eating Disorders
IOP patients will visit our recovery center three days per week for three to five hours at a time. Our IOP treatments include:
- Individual psychotherapy – We can help you with other parts of your life outside of your eating disorder including various types of relationships and your communication habits.
- Family therapy – Discover how your eating disorder may be impacting those around you. Also, our counselors will work with you and your family to understand how your family can support your healing journey.
- Dialectical behavioral therapy – Our counselors will help you develop mindfulness, learn distress intolerance, develop interpersonal skills, and learn how to safely regulate your emotions.
- Radically open dialectical therapy – We can help you decrease harmful behaviors and manage difficult emotions.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) – Our counselors will help you overcome any negative thoughts you may be associating with body image, food, and eating.
- Nutrition counseling – We will work with you to create a custom meal plan to promote a healthy weight with options for weight loss, weight restoration, or weight maintenance.
- Fitness and wellness groups – Our groups can help you learn to enjoy healthy exercise while avoiding the negative impacts of unhealthy exercise.
- Art therapy – Art therapy is a healthy avenue to express difficult-to-verbalize feelings, promote self-expression, and improve self-understanding.