A Family Day Workshop
WHAT ABOUT US?
Helping Families Identify Difficult Situations and Move Toward Solutions
When: Saturday September, 22 2012, 9am – 3pm
Where: USF Marshall Student Center, Room #3707
Fairwinds Treatment Center is hosting a one day workshop designed to help families identify whether or not an eating disorder or co-occuring issue is present within their lives and provide tools and solutions for treatment and recovery.
Learning Objectives Attendees Will Gain:
- Recognize the far-reaching effects of positive negative voices and understand the tools necessary in strengthening the positive voice
- Develop a “tangible’ toolbox for individuals who are struggling with loved ones effected by an eating disorder
- Identify at least two warning signs that a loved one may be suffering from an eating disorder
- Be able to verbalize at least 2 key players involved in a treatment care team
- Learn the 5 essential M’s to best love and lead your children:
- Know Your Makeup, Mindset, Method, Model and Message.
For more information call Kristin Reagan at 727.449.0300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Out and About
Fairwinds Treatment Center is active in the community and strives to educate the public on eating disorders, addictions, and mental health issues.
If you are interested in having our professionals speak to your organization please send us a message at Fairwinds@fairwindstreatment.com
Recently our Admissions Nurse, Elizabeth spoke to a group of dancers from Patel Conservatory in Tampa. She discussed body image, the dangers of an eating disorder and body dysmorphia to the group.
Our Registered Dietician, Kourtney participated in a professional panel after the musical “NORMAL,” performance at the Straz Performing Arts Center. The panel was asked questions concerning eating disorders and how they affect the individual and loved ones.